– The Supreme Committee of the Sharm El Sheikh Film Festival, headed by director Hany Lashin, and in the presence of Elham Shaheen, the festival’s chief of honor, and journalist Gamal Zaida, president of the festival, held a meeting on Saturday evening to discuss all the details related to the festival, which is held under the patronage of Dr. Inas Abdel Dayem, Minister of Culture, and Major General Khaled Fouda, Governor of South Sinai.
– Shaheen talked about its ambition to see a major international festival in Sharm El-Sheikh that reflects the culture of Egypt and attracts filmmakers from all over the world, stressing the importance of state and private sector support for film festivals as it is one of the most important means of strengthening the soft power of the Egyptian state.
– For his part, artist Ali Al-Hajjar stressed the need for film festivals, specifically the Sharm El-Sheikh Festival, to express the cultural renaissance of Egypt and to show it appropriately through the solidarity of all parties for their importance in returning the beautiful artistic heritage to Egypt.
– The festival’s president, journalist Gamal Zaida, announced the full details and arrangements for holding the festival from 20 to 26 June, indicating that the goal is to establish a professional film festival with which filmmakers in Egypt, the Arab world and the world interact.
– Director Hany Lashin confirmed that the committee participates with all its members in making every effort to make the festival a success, while Dr. Azza Haykal indicated the importance of film festivals interacting with youth issues in society in order to shed light on them through their participation in their artistic work in this cultural event.